A follow up to our article, What's Information Design? And Why Should You Care? This…
You Have 3 Minutes To Get Out In A Fire
During winter months space heaters are frequently used to add extra warmth to cool days. But did you know space heaters are blamed for the 50% of home heating fires between the months of December, January, and February? Did you know that 33% of American households think they have 6 minutes before a house fire becomes life-threatening, when it’s actually 3 minutes?
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) provides the following statistics on space heaters:
• 32% of home heating fires are caused by space heaters
• 24% of home heating fire deaths were due to space heaters placed too close to items like upholstered furniture, clothing, mattress, or bedding
• $559 million in direct property damage
Tips to Observe
• Keep space heaters on level, nonflammable surface
• Keep space heater 3 feet from anything that can burn
• Don’t leave it running when you leave or go to bed
• Don’t use extension cords, plug space heaters directly into an outlet
Follow these tips and be safe when using a space heater.
This Post Has 0 Comments